Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tried and Tested: Rimmel Show off Lip Lacquer

Hi friends.  This is the first installment of my "Tried and Tested" series.  I plan to review various products and the company's claim and let you know if I think it lives up to the claim and if you need to try it.  The first product I'll be reviewing is the Rimmel show off lip lip lacquers.



Rimmel describes these as "intense rich lip color, enhanced by a satin shine."  The claim is that it gives you the best of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss.  I am quite picky about my lip colors.  I like them to feel moisturizing but still be opaque.  I do like some shine, unless I'm going for a complete mat look.  That's why I was so curious about these when I heard about them.

I swatched the three shades above so you can see the pigmentation of them.
(l to r: celestial, apocalyptic, nova)

As you can see from the swatches above, they are extremely opaque.  The pigmentation is seriously strong.  They have a doe foot applicator which makes applying the color very easy.  When you pull the applicator out of the tube, there is PLENTY of product to easily cover both your top and bottom lip.  You won't need to dip the wand more than once.  I do find that these have a slightly smell to them; but it fades and doesn't linger on your lips. Although the product doesn't claim to be plumping, I find these have a slight tingle on my  lips; nothing uncomfortable, but just wanted to let you know that.

I find the glossy layer does fade if you're drinking or just regular conversation.  And while they don't bleed outside the lips, they are not kiss proof ladies (ask my husband).  After the color starts to fade - which is about 3-4 hours - I find a nice stain on the lips.  This is particularly true in the red/pink shades; which I like.

The one con I have is wearing these out in the harsh winter wind, I noticed that they dried in that weird way when a lip product creates that funky line of color.  That was no cool.  But when I wear a good lip balm underneath I find that is not an issue; just something to be aware of.

My final thoughts?  This is definitely a try it product!  The opacity of the color rivals many high end lip products.  They wear nicely on the lips and lives up the claim of the richness of a lipstick with a nice shine! They retail for around $6 and you can find these at most drugstores.  Be on the lookout for a BOGO 1/2 off sale; CVS and Walgreens frequently run these. Tried and Tested Approved!

Let me know if you've tried these products and what you think.

xoxoxo
Ja'Nelle

No comments:

Post a Comment