Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Monthly Favorites - October 2013

Hi friends!  At the end of each month, I hope to tell you about the products I've been loving and reaching for throughout the month.  I'm hoping this will give you some ideas of new products to try.  Plus I hope you share with me what products you've been loving.

This month I've been absolutely in love with my Tarte BB cream in Tan.  The consistency of this product is very thin.  It's not a silicone feeling, but it's very sheer feeling.  This BB cream really does mesh well with my skin and gives me an even tone and texture.  On busy days, I've applied this over my moisturizer and a thin layer of setting powder and off I went.  Other times, I've used it under my foundation.  I've found it's truly helped in controlling my oily skin.




Another product I've been loving this month, is my Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer.  When I initially tried this product over a year ago, I found it to be a bit too greasy for my lids.  It didn't seem to work well for me.  However, my lids have been dry this past month and my usual primers just weren't cutting it.  I reached into my makeup drawer and decided to give this another shot. And I LOVE it!! I do still feel it's oilier than other eye primers, it's absorbing into my lid quite nicely.



My favorite lipstick of the month has to go to Buxom Full bodies lipstick in Menace .  Maybe it's the season, but I'm in love with this deep wine/oxblood color.  The consistency of this lipstick is amazing.  It's incredibly moisturizing and the staying power is phenomenal.  I highly recommend this lippy!










Finally my favorite hair care product of the month is Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk.  I picked this up from CVS at the start of the month.  There was actually a sale for buy one get one free.  Of course I was all over that!!! I specifically picked the fine hair option.  While I have a lot of hair, it's very fine and heavier products tend to weigh it down.  This product has enough slip it in to give me a great deal of moisture, but it's not too heavy that it weighs my hair down.  It's a nice addition to my hair care routine.  I look forward to trying more products from the brand.



Well, that's it folks.  These are just a few of my standouts for the month.  I hope you found some new things to try!  Please let me know in the comments below what products you're loving and what you think I should try next!

XOXO
Ja'Nelle

No comments:

Post a Comment