Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My favorite Concealers

Beauty truth time.  I have a slight obsession with concealers.  I won’t show you the drawer that holds them, but I will say, it’s more than any one person needs.  Now that we have gotten that out of the way, let’s dig in. 

I truly believe concealer is a girls best friend.  It’s a miracle worker and a forgiver of skin sins.  I am always on the hunt for the perfect concealer.  I’ve narrowed my favorites down to four; yeah still a lot but they all serve different purposes. 

First up, a product I use EVERY DAY regardless if I use foundation or not is Bobbi Brown’s corrector in the shade dark peach. 
20131125_104434

Now technically this is not labeled a “concealer” but a corrector.  The purpose of this product is to neutralize any darkness under the eye.  It also helps to brighten the area under the eye.  Now when I use this product its like someone has flashed a soft light under my eye and evened out the skin tone and texture.  It doesn’t crease and you only need to pat a little to cover the area.  It comes in a  pink or peach undertone, so you're bound to find a shade to fit you.

20131125_104446



The corrector is designed to be used under a concealer; but sometimes I don’t’ need any concealer on top; this corrector does the trick.  It gives me a clean canvas to work on under my eyes.  I will ALWAYS have this in my makeup collection.  It’s a staple I think every woman needs.  Do yourself a favor, go pick it up.  You’re welcome. 

Next up in my favorites is MAC pro longwear concealer.  I LOVE this concealer.  It’s a lightweight more liquid formula, but not too runny.  This concealer will absolutely give you full coverage.  When it sets, it does not budge.  And the finish is more of a natural matte, not dry, finish.  I own this in two colors, NC 35 and NC 42, because my skin color varies in winter and summer. 

20131125_104522

The NC35 get me through winter while my skin is a bit paler. And the NC 42 is a perfect match in the summer months when I have tan skin.  Sometimes I just mixed them together to find my perfect shade.  I highly recommend this product.  The only negative I have to say about this is the pump.  I hate it!  It’s hard to control the amount of product that pumps out.  One pump is very liberal and will more than cover both under eyes.  You have to be careful with it so you don’t waste product.  I really hope they change the packaging; but I still love it so much!

I didn’t leave out drugstore concealers.  Although I have the worst time finding one that works well for me.  I have fallen in love with a very affordable concealer that you can find at the drugstore.  It’s Maybelline fit me concealer in the shade medium. 
20131125_104607

This concealer has a doe foot applicator and it’s so smooth.    This has a thin consistency, which makes its very easy to blend.  It’s does a good job of covering any faint darkness under my eyes.  It also highlights the area nicely.  Once it’s set with a powder, it will not crease.  It’s a great staple in my routine and you can't beat the price on this!

My final favorite is one I use for my face.  For the unwanted blemish or any discoloration on my face, I use Cover FX cream concealer in  med-deep. 

20131125_104544

What I love Cover FX is their products are created to be used on the most sensitive skin.  It’s full of amazing ingredients and free of all those nasty ones.  Their products cater to your skins undertone, which make for a more precise color match.  The shade I use is the closest to my actual skin tone and blends in well with any foundation I’m wearing to give me extra coverage.  This  will cover any blemish on my skin or any discoloration.  I don’t find that this works well under my eyes; I think it’s the shade I have.  But I really enjoy this product and I’m interested in trying more from the brand.

Whew!  That’s a lot.  As you can see I take concealers very seriously.  Tell me below in the comments what concealers are your favorites. 

2 comments: