Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tried and Tested: Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

Hey friends.  We all love makeup – that’s why we’re here right? Right? Taking off our makeup can sometimes be a chore.  At the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time removing my makeup.  I’ve tried a ton of different products, particularly to remove eye makeup, and many have fallen short.  I don’t like waking up in the morning with the residual panda eye look.  I’m not of the opinion that you need to spend lots of money on expensive makeup removers.  You can imagine the happy dance when my latest find works like a dream and is incredibly affordable.  It’s the Equate oil-free eye makeup remover.

2013-12-23 12.20.32 2
This brand can be found at Wal-Mart.  It’s said to be a comparison or dupe to the Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover.  I’ve never tried that one, so I can’t tell you if it compares or not.  What I can say is this stuff is amazing.  It removes my eye makeup so easily.  I soak a cotton square and just place this on my eye and let it sit for 15-30 seconds, then gently wipe away.  Although it claims it’s oil free and has no oily residue, it does have an oiliness to it.  It’s not overly oily, but just so you know there is a bit of that with this remover.  I don’t find it an issue; it doesn’t break me out and I haven’t had any adverse reaction to it.    Tried and Tested 50/50 approved.  I don’t think it lives up to the claim of “no oily residue” but it definitely removes all my eye makeup.  I haven’t met an eyeliner this remover couldn’t tackle.  At a retail price of under $4, it’s definitely worth a try.  Tell me what your favorite eye makeup removers are and if you’ve tried equate.

3 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a easy eye makeup remover too. I'm going to have to check it out. In the meantime I use olive oil to remove my eye makeup it works pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April! Thanks so much for checking out the blog and commenting. I've never tried olive oil but I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes olive oil girl! I just found another that is so great for taking off mascara and lipstick It's called Albolene. It's even better than anything I've used and cheap!. Check out the link.

    http://www.albolene.com/

    ReplyDelete